Get ready for the change in World of Warcraft.
Patch notes are taken from MMO-Champion web page.
What's in Patch 4.0.3a
What is not in:
- Creating worgen/goblin characters
- Worgen/Goblin start zones
- Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
- Guild leveling
- Guild achievements
- Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
- New Zones (80+)
What is in:
- Portals in Dalaran/Shattrath Removed
- Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
- New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
- New Gnome/Troll starting areas
- Changes to existing zones
- New cata load screens
- New cata intro cinematic
- New cata login screen
- New music
- City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
- Bug fixes
- Class balancing
- Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
- Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%
- New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for existing pet classes.)
- The Gladiator reward mounts now award Master Riding.
- What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been now awards Master Riding.
- Mysterious Egg now takes only 3 days to turn into a Cracked Egg and has a slightly greater chance of awarding the Reins of the Green Proto-Drake.
- PvP set bonuses now provide 70 of stats such as Agility, Intellect, and Strength (down from 100) at 2 pieces, and 180 of these stats (down from 300) at 4 pieces.
- Perfect Gem Cutting and Mixology have been removed as trainable skills and are instead passives profession abilities. When players reach the appropriate skill levels, they will start getting bonuses from Mixology (they must know the recipe to gain the benefit) and/or cutting perfect gems (depending on their profession, of course).
- Alchemy recipes now require Crystal Vials. Deathwing broke all the others because he's mean (or because he didn't want alchemists to carry 5 different vials around with them).
- The Engineering Tinkering enchants will no longer provide their bonus stats, but the activated effects will stack with other enchants. In 4.0.1 the stats were there (but hidden) and are now removed.
- Several epic gem transmutes that were missing from the trainer have been added back.
- Certain area-of-effect abilities are no longer ignoring the area-of-effect damage cap.
- Mobs and NPCs should no longer appear to randomly gain or lose health during combat.
- Re-summoning pets in Battlegrounds should no longer count towards a player's total healing done.
- Some tooltips may not reflect the most recent changes to certain abilities.
- Worgen hunters are currently unable to learn Dual Wield.
- The achievement Explore Tol Barad will not be possible to complete upon release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
Changes to Paladin: Patch 4.0.3a
- Exorcism damage has been increased by approximately 50%.
- Holy Radiance now has reduced effectiveness on targets over 8 yards away from the paladin.
- Seal of Truth: periodic damage from Censure reduced by 25%.
- Beacon of Light now lasts 5 minutes, up from 60 seconds.
- Blessed Life: the effects of this talent cannot occur more than once every 8 seconds, up from every 2 seconds.
- Illuminated Healing absorb shield now absorbs 10% of the total amount healed, up from 8%. Each point of Mastery increases the effect by an additional 1.25%, up from 1%.
- Light of dawn has been redesigned. It no longer has an enforced cooldown, now costs Holy Power instead of mana, and scale in direct proportion to the amount of Holy Power used. In addition it now heals the 5 most injured group targets (including self) in a 30-yard frontal cone.
- Protector of the Innocent no longer triggers from self-heals.
- Divine Bulwark now grants 2.25% less block chance per point of Mastery, up from 2%.
- Holy shield no longer increases chance to block. Instead, it increases the amount blocked by an additional 10%, for a total of 40% damage blocked.
- Shield of the Righteous: Contribution of attack power halved (now 60% with full Holy Power) and base damage brought up so that a level 85 paladin in Heroic dungeon gear deals the same damage with no Vengeance, but Vengeance has less impact.
- Shield of the Templar now reduces the cooldown of Guardian of Ancient Kings by 40/80/120 seconds, down from 1/2/3 minutes.
- Wrath of the Lightbringer now increases Crusader Strike and Judgement damage by 50/100%, up from 30/60%.
- Crusade now also has a proc on kill to increase the healing done by the paladin's next Holy Light by 100/200/300% for 15 seconds, in addition to its current effects.
- Divine Storm: This ability has been redesigned. It no longer consumes Holy Power and instead costs 5% of base mana. It shares a cooldown with Crusader Strike and hits all nearby enemies for 60% weapon damage.
- Pursuit of Justice now has an 8-second internal cooldown, shared with Blessed Life.
- Rebuke no longer initiates Auto Attack.
- Sanctity of Battle now also causes Divine Storm's cooldown to be reduced by Haste effects.
- Zealotry no longer consumes 3 Holy Power, but still requires 3 Holy Power to use.
- Glyph of Beacon of Light now makes Beacon of Light free, instead of increasing the duration by 30 seconds.
- Glyph of Divinity has been redesigned. It now grants the paladin 10% of maximum mana upon use.
- Glyph of Light of Dawn now increases the total number of most injured targets healed by 1.